Increase text size=   Decrease text size       Login | Register         


ESOL - British FlagWhat is Life in the UK Test?

The UK Government widely believes that those who wish to settle in the United Kingdom should be encouraged to play a full part in their wider community. 

From 2 April 2007 all applicants for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) will need to provide evidence that they have passed either the Life in the UK test or an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).

Studying for and taking the test will give you the practical knowledge you need to live in this country and to take part in society. Life in the UK Test give you the knowledge you need to take the test. you can do this in two ways: by taking the Life in the UK Test or by taking combined English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and citizenship classes.

Who has to take the test?ESOL British Passport,Travel Documents

Anyone who wants to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen or indefinite leave to remain (settlement) and your level of English is ESOL Entry 3 or above. If your level of English is lower than than ESOL Entry evel 3 lke entry evel 1 or 2 and you wish to apply for naturalisation or indefinite leave to remain, you will need to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes instead. Most local further education or community colleges run these courses.

The test questions

The test is a series of 24 questions based on chapters 2, 3 and 4 of 'Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship.' You should read chapters 2, 3 and 4 of the 'Life in the United Kingdom' handbook very carefully. You will have 45 minutes to answer 24 questions. You can use all of the time available, so you should not rush to finish quickly. It is a good idea to review your answers.

If you have certain medical conditions, you may be allowed more time. You should mention this when you book the test.

Booking a Test

To book a Life in the UK test call us 0208 432 6350 / 07947-689984 or email us at, at least ten days before you want to take your test. Our staff will let you know which test dates are available. once you pass the test, you will be given a letter proving you have been successful in the life i the uk test . This is called your pass notification letter. Hold this letter in a safe place, should you you lose the letter , you'll have to take the test again.

List of the Courses:
Security Guarding Door Supervisor Upskilling CCTV
ESOL Citizenship ESOL Spouse Visa Student / Entrepreneur Visa A1-A3 ,B1, B2, C1
First Aid (1- 3 days) Health and Safety Fire Marshall

Copyright London Academy of Skills Ltd Ltd. All rights reserved.